Dr. T. Edward Hanley, Bradford, P.A.
Dr. and Mrs. Joseph Smolev, Passaic, N.J., 1970’s
By descent in the family
The yachts were identified by the Peabody Essex Museum, courtesy Joanie Vaughn Ingraham, January 2012. The Brooklyn Yacht Club was established in 1857 and its clubhouse was located on Graveshead Bay, Red Hook, Brooklyn.
Oil on canvas
14 x 22 inches, 35.6 x 55.9 cm
Signed (l.r.): J E Buttersworth